Sunday, August 9, 2009

Iron Chef Texas!

--Last Summer--

IRON CHEF TEXAS, BATTLE STRAWBERRY!
The three judges! (My mom, my friend Eric, and Ashley!)

Lizzey's very lemony strawberry smoothie

Lizzey's strawberry s'mores... with feta cheese?

My layered strawberry fudge sunade... with shortcake on top.

My strawberry almond salad grilled chicken sandwich!

Eric eating his food, my mom judging.

This was last summer's I.C.T.- Battle Strawberry! Lizzey won by one point. So, of course, we HAD to do a re-match. (Plus, it was just too dang fun!)

...

A couple weeks ago, Lizzey and I did our second annual Iron Chef Texas! (Second formal I.C.T., I should say. We did one 3 years ago -battle chocolate- yet it didn't go too well...)
Anyway, with my defeat in last year's battle, I was determined to win this year!

Unfortunatley, however, we didn't manage to get as many pictures this year as we did last year... :( So, I'll use what we've got and explain what's going on the best I can!

IRON CHEF TEXAS, BATTLE CITRUS!
Not sure what Lizzey's doing here. I think she's making her ice cream. We didn't get any pictures of it, though, but it was really good- like an orange dream-cicle, but in the form of ice cream. Fabulous.

...

Oh wait, she's zesting her lemon.

Not sure what I'm doing here either. But note the Harry Potter Clue in the background. Best game ever. We played after I.C.T. - Lizzey won as Luna Lovegood.

Lizzey's AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING lemon alfredo pasta. SOO good. Oh my goodness, I'm hungry just looking at it.

The one picture we got of my lemon cupcakes... I also put lemon whipped cream on top. It was super tasty.

OVEN MITS!

My orange chicken stir fry. It looks really lame here. But it was good, I promise. (: I plated it pretty too, but no pictures of that, either! If you look in the cupcake picture, though, you'll see me putting rice on plates. That was for the stir fry.

It stinks that we didn't get as many pictures as last year... trust me, I would have posted a LOT more. But it's all right.

Anyway, if you didn't catch it, Lizzey made orange ice cream and lemon alfredo pasta; I made orange chicken stir fry and lemon cupcakes.

And the winner was...


LIZZEY! ... again! This time by two points. Two dang points! (But her food was simply amazing, I must say.)

And I'm pretty sure I won battle chocolate. Trust me, the food there was no good (chocolate eggs...). Putting a single piece of Hershey's chocolate on plain old toast scored an easy victory for me there.

Ah well, there's always next year! And there shall be a next year! So much fun!

2 comments:

Lizzey said...

ohmygravyandbiscuits, that chocolate sundae... soooooo tasty. I don't see how you didn't win with that

Amyhop said...

Strawberry almond chicken salad sandwhich...I am seriously wanting one right now. Sounds so delightful...big fan of fancy sandwhiches...

Everything looks and sounds fabulous...I need to be invited up during one of these I.C.F. events!