It's totally not worth seeing for full price again, so when I found out that it was in the dollar theatre, I gathered up some friends, and we went and saw it!
Now for a few of my personal opinions on the movie.
Obviously, it wasn't as good as the book. However, it protrayed the majority of the charecters VERY well (excluding the much too skinny, much too young Charlie, and the not hot enough Edward). It was kind of cheesy at parts (aka the biology scene... but I knew what they were talking about with metaphase and all that; I learned about it last week!
I love, love, love the majority of the Cullens (espicially Alice and Emmett), but Edward is just... weird, and he looks older than Carlisle. He sounded like he learned to speak with an American accent (Robert Pattinson is Brittish) from some Elvis movie. I dunno. He was weird... he's supposed to be alluring and good-looking and stuff, but the way his charecter was protrayed, I mostly hated him. He may have looked good in some parts of the movie, but he can never be Edward in my opinion.
A good Bella & Edward shot here. (This is one of the parts that he looks kind of like an Edward) Of course, Bella isn't smiling or closing her mouth. I dunno. She did a good job of being unhappy and stuff, which was great, but I wish she would have smiled more. She didn't look happy at all around Edward. And isn't that the point? Edward's supposed to be the reason she likes Forks. Dissapointing. She smiled about twice when she was with Edward....
...but all four times JACOB came, she was happy and smiling and laughing. ARGH!!! And he's so much more good-looking than Robert Pattinson was. He's so cute. ( :I cannot wait until New Moon. It'll be amazing. And it's ALLL Jacob. YESSS!!!
And last but not least, I had to post a picture of Carlisle for my parents... he made them laugh. Ha ha ha. ( :

3 comments:
Yeah.... Carlisle is much hotter than Edward in the movie :)
Hey Amanda!! I always forget about all of these blogs out here- I was just checking JIll's and saw your link. How are you?
Ok, so I know I'm not a teenage girl, but I have started reading all of these vampire books (per a friend's request). I have not seen the movie yet, but I liked your descriptions- I was wondering how it was. I'll wait for DVD but will have to check out the movies. PS- i'm just not an Edward fan- is that weird?
Actually... I hate Edward, to be honest. So, I don't think it's weird. ( :
Post a Comment