Sunday, October 12, 2008

Yesterday: Part I

So... I had All Region Auditions again.

Sigh.

I was so nervous, and I'm still not quite sure what happened.

I waited like a LLLLOOOONNNNGGG time to audition, and I was trying to find ways to entertain myself and calm my nerves. 

So, I played a silly card game called Mow with a bunch of the older Choir Kids (they're hysterical!), wrote in my journal... ate a chicken biscuit from ChickFila... ate an apple...

When I finally auditioned, I had three songs and sight reading. 

The first song went pretty well. I mean, I could have added more dynamics, but it sounded good.

I began the second song really well, but halfway through... things went wrong. I missed an entrance and began stumbling on my words a bit. Yeah... it was messed up.

Then the third song, Danuel.

I put the music of my second song down and Danuel was on the wrong page. I was flipping around like a mad woman when the music started, and I tried to sing, but nothing came out. Luckily, I recovered and came it halfway through... but I was still slightly angry.

Sight reading.

I don't even wanna go there.

I can't sight read singing to save my life without a piano, and so during the "30 second practice time" (which was only like 10 seconds.) I just looked over it, singing it the best I could. (I was still recovering from the shock of forgetting to sing.)

Um... yeah. I got fed up with it halfway through, and just sang "Mi Re Do", stood there a second collecting my music as the judges muttered a rather confused "Thank You?",and then I walked out.

Yeah... not good.

And as you guessed I didn't make it.

Of course THEN I found out what I WISH I would have known BEFORE the audition. Maybe then I wouldn't have been as nervous.

Now, what I didn't realize, that made me quite angry later, was that the FIRST audition was what really mattered. I had already made it into the choir, but the audition yesterday was to only decide if I'd be in the Mixed Choir (the better one) or the Treble Choir (Well... the one I'm in now). : /

I had ALREADY made it into the All Region Choir.

Dang...

So I flipped out when I heard that, and was pleased to have at least that to hold onto.

: D

1 comment:

~*~ Jen ~*~ said...

DONT FORGET REGGIE!!!!!!!!! THOSE STOPRIES U TOLD ME ON THE FONE R FREAKIN HILARIOUS!!