Saturday, October 4, 2008

Um... yeah!

You know that post I did a couple weeks  ago about how I was utterly clueless about my All Region choir music?

Well... All Region Choir Auditions were last Thursday.

So... we left school at about 2:30 to go to the High School where the auditions would be held, and I was nervous like CRAZY. I was on a bus full of a bunch of amazing singers, when only a few of us could actually make it.

Also, the girls in the Varsity Choir all gave us little "survival kits" (aka presents with a bunch of chocolate, a water bottle, PlayDough, more food, a coloring book and crayons... etc.), so that was pretty awesome.

When we got there, we had to register with our voice parts (I was Alto 2), and... (Gasp... it's so painful...) turn in our phones. They didn't want us cheating.

Alto 2's was (unfortunately) the largest group, so we had to wait a LLLOOONNNG time to go. I was number D11-46; in the second (or third?) to last group to go.

After sitting in the auditorium for a few hours or so, doodling, talking to friends, walking around nervously, writing, and eating... 

I finally auditioned at about 8 PM.

My audition went pretty well; I knew my music, but was quite nervous. I did the best I could, with some... er... odd mistakes such as the fact that I nearly forgot to breathe (I do that when I get nervous).

I walked out feeling somewhat confident, but knowing that there were some things I had done better on, and that there were some things I had done worse on.

I won't lie, though. I did a pretty dang good job. I barley recognized that it was me singing.

A couple hours later, after more anxiety and boredom (if that's at all possible), playing Apples to Apples with a bunch of girls I didn't know from other schools, playing with pudding -LOL- (and getting my phone back), all the Alto 2's were shoved up against the window where the results were to be posted.

The results were posted by a guy with this amazing lime, neon, BUTTON UP green shirt (the best part was that he had a tie on with it), and I scanned it for my name.

At first, my heart sunk when I didn't see my name.

But then, at the very, very bottom was my name.

I screamed.

I jumped.

I could NOT believe it.

I seriously thought that I was going to burst out into TEARS when I saw my name.

I was one of the only two Freshmen from my school to actually move on to the next round.

I'm so happy.

The next audition is on Saturday, but there's sight reading, so I doubt I'll make it. I'll still try, though. ( :

I'm just happy I made it this far when I didn't know my music two weeks ago! : D

I tried posting I picture I took of my name with my phone, but the picture wouldn't send to my email. Dang!

Yay!!!

4 comments:

Kelly M said...

Way to go Amanda!! That is so so so awesome! Good luck with the next audition. I'm proud of you!

Betsy said...

HOORAY!! What an exciting accomplishment. Good for you. Can't wait to hear how the next round goes.

Amyhop said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so awesome! Good luck with the next round!

Lizzey said...

At first, when I read the part about being shoved up against windows, I thought it said SHAVED. And my German teacher kept making me say fart because I wasn't pronouncing it right. No, it doesn't mean fart... but I can't remember what it means anymore.